Friday, December 3, 2010

You Are...

Three Months Old. You are so sweet; you are the little girl the poem was written about. You are a snugglebug. When I snuggle close to your head I can feel you leaning back into me, calming and resting. You are ticklish. I can gently rub my fingers along your ribs and you curl away from my hands; it is very cute. You are flirty. You can be all a fuss and when we start to put you to bed you become as sweet as can be. Twinkling your pretty blue eyes and charming us with your rolling smile. You little stinkbug! You are particular. You MUST have your diaper changed when it is dirty. You MUST be released from your wraps the second you wake. You MUST be fed per your schedule or incur your wrath. You are a quick soothe. You love to be held and willing arms almost always quiet any wrong withing milli-seconds. You are teething. I'm pretty sure this should be reserved for babies of an older age, but alas, teeth shall soon be upon us. But for now, I shall rock you at 2 in the morning until the homeopathic teething tablets set in. You are so Precious. I marvel at God's ability to make such darling, dear, little ones to bless my heart. He is Good, and you are sweet enough to nibble.




You Are...

Two & a Half. You are a motormouth! We talk all throughout our days together. We talk about babies, Wren, Bops (old & new), whales, potty, Mercy, owls, Signing Time, baking, jumping, snacks, tea, and swings. I can't imagine where you get it from. You are pretending. We play tea party at least every day; always served with necessary accoutrement's like toast, sugar, salt and banana juice. You are a big sister. You love to help change diapers, hold bottles, share toys, and make Wren smile. I find you struggle with the concept that she is not able to talk yet. 'But why can't she say that she would like to go to the aquarium?', your look says. You are a mimic. I was on the treadmill the other day and you pulled out an outdoor seat cushion and began to run back and forth on it. You were 'running so fast like Mama'. You are creative. We went to a stuffed animal museum (taxidermy) but it was a little too on the national geographic side for a two year old. We walked into the lobby and there were two lions, chasing down a frantic zebra, one with it's claws and teeth already sunk into the hindquarters. You studied it for several minutes, then informed me that the lions were tickling the zebra. You are an entertainer. You have perfected centering yourself in a welcoming crowd and singing, dancing, and bowing to your hearts content. You are Precious. Not a day has passed that I haven't praised the Lord for you as my gift of grace. You and your baby sister are a joy I have never known before and I treasure your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment