Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Turning 50

I wish I could say I just looked really good for my age, but the poor post title holds no relation to my being 50 years old. It is unfortunate for me to admit that it is about my weight. I find it incredibly interesting that within a few days of hitting the +50 pounds mark with both of my girls, I went into labor. With Lillian I was 38 weeks pregnant and my water broke two days later. Wren held out until 40 weeks, where I hit the +50 on Friday, and my water broke the next day. What is one to do with such colossal amounts of weight, you may ask? I'm still wondering. I am obviously not one of those blessed women who slip into their pre-maternity clothes at 6 weeks postpartum, much less 2 weeks (I'm not naming any names..)! So now I shall share the steps of my weight journey with you. My sojourn involves a lot of running, crunches, new recipes, a few lifestyle changes, and a major athletic goal. The first step will be the hardest as it challenges my sinful nature in wanting to indulge in the world's understanding of beauty and fitness. The Lord God has made each one of us weight gaining women fearfully and wonderfully. We are a beautiful creation with a purpose to glorify our Lord in all that we say and do, which includes how we care for our bodies. Obsessing over diet, weight, or exercise is neither God glorifying nor healthy. I adamantly believe it's important to be healthy and live in moderation when it comes to the aforementioned arenas, but not with the world's standards in mind. So, goal number one is to focus on God glorifying overall fitness and wellness. I'll be sure to share what I've learned...

No comments:

Post a Comment