Monday, August 10, 2009
Battlefield #1: My Body
One of my never-far-away struggles is with food. The Lord in His Grace has brought me out of my struggle with anorexia and I have learned how to view my body through His eyes. But it quickly resumes front page news when other issues arise. It's kind of the ride-along sin that accompanies arguments with Paul, frustrations with mother-hood, disappointments in life, etc. Anorexia is a slippery sin that starts with whispers and quickly finds soft spots to develop it's voice. I am still learning how to shut the whispers down at the source. My body was created by God for His Glory. My body was not created for obsession, not intended for a high place of idolatrous honor, and not designed to be a stumbling block in my relationship with Christ and others. There are days when I repeat these words to myself at least a hundred times and other days it's not a struggle to remember that I was fearfully and wonderfully made. I don't know if I will ever be completely free from the thoughts that invade and criticize, but God is gracious and not One to make mistakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kri-C, Im so proud of you for taking the evil ones lies head on by remembering how wonderfully you are made. I too have struggled with these issues in a way of feeling some control. I dont know if it means anything coming from me but you are beautiful and look really good for having a one year old, heck even when she was one month old. With Christ you will overcome.
ReplyDelete