Friday, July 10, 2009

Why it has to be funny...

I find that most of my posts are somewhat witty commentaries dispensed in a sarcastic manner and hold little importance in the realms of everlasting value. I have considered this for some time and it was a challenge to discover the reason, or reason in part, for my seemingly constant need to write about nothingness. This is my conclusion:
1. Unfortunately, many of the things that go through my head are reflected in my blogging attempts. Lillian, Dogs, and Drivel make up the majority of thought process in my day. I have reconciled that I am not a great thinker, much less a great writer, and have nothing new under the sun to write about. Therefor, I write about nothing.
2. While dog training and bits about child teething are important to me, they have little bearing on the Spiritual world and the battles that rage in and around me. But, they are real none-the-less, and are easier to share in a public forum than deeper wounds.
3. It is difficult to define my inner struggles into eloquent words for paper (in this case, cyber-paper). It is even harder to make them seem humorous, in keeping with the styling of my other posts.
With these things realized I have determined to write a more translucent view of my own life's 'hard facts', and save the blogging balderdash for sparer occasions.

1 comment:

  1. Kri-C, I understand your writing and how making things seem funny is important. I think you are a wonderful writer and enjoy reading you newest post! Just wanted you to know I get it!

    ReplyDelete