Throughout my week I regularly think of ideas to blog about, but most come to little more than thoughts. So I'm going to start something I call 'Blog Thoughts' (not my most creative moment, I'll admit) where I can give quick summaries of ideas I thought pertinent to my reading audience.
1. The Gun Show: This weekend I attended a gun show with my husband. I spent most of the afternoon outside on a bench with Lillian in the shade of a giant tree, feeding her yogurt, chicken bits and cheerios. We enjoyed the grass, the sounds of birds in the trees, and the gentle rush of wind in the leaves. It seemed a peaceful contradiction to the buying and selling of weapons...more on my opinion of weapons in the home later.
2. Fruit Loops w. Marshmallows: My husband's brother and his family came to visit this weekend and I bought cereal for their two children. I didn't realize until I got home that the standard 'Fruit Loops' was now packing dehydrated marshmallow of the Lucky Charm variety. Can we say sugar craze? I could if my teeth would stop chattering.
3. Lilli & Mercy: They have an interesting relationship. Before baby, Mercy didn't like anyone except Paul and I. Now she follows Lillian around and regularly entices her to play with a bow or rolling under her. I can't decide if Mercy really likes Lillian, or is simply patrolling the area now that we've discovered finger foods.
4. Lilli & Paul: They are very alike in all kinds of tiny ways. Paul is similar to a fish. We put Lillian in a baby pool a few weeks ago and she splashed and giggled the entire time. The next time she got in she accidentally flipped head first into the water. Did she cry? no, she laughed, and took a few more drinks of pool water! Paul hates, no spazzes out, over stickiness. Lillian gets the most disgusted face when she can mooosh her food with her fingers. She is opposed to bananas, avocado, and peas. She then looks at the mooosh in her hands and begins to complain. This is less of an update if I give all the particulars so...
5. Lilli's First Words: The first official word was 'book'. She now makes attempts to say 'Mercy' (it sounds like 'mookay'), 'peek-a-boo' (identified as 'peekoo'), and other various forms of familiar words. She has yet to apply 'mama'.
There are other ideas of course, but these top the list, beating out lesser considerations such as the large amount of clocks in our home, and yet we are always late to events, my plans for my veggie garden, and the amazing relaxation I receive from agility events. So many thoughts, so little blogging time...
No comments:
Post a Comment