Sunday, May 10, 2009

And the Snores go on...

The conversation comes up quite regularly. Yes, Paul snores somethin' fierce! When we were first married I spent many a sleepless night in near desperation of a wink of rest. In the past we have resorted to pillows over my ears, actual ear plugs, and I have even slept on the floor a couple of times when sleep was vital for the next day. I have become more accustomed to it since we have had Lillian, but I credit most of that to the fact I'm usually exhausted and therefor more able to slip into a deep enough coma-like sleep to avoid stirring from the rhythmic sounds of my husband. (The odd thing is now it is harder to fall asleep if he isn't snoring.) Currently, I will tap his arm and ask him (sometimes more forcefully than 'tap' and more demanding than 'ask') to roll over onto his other side. The other night I had woken several times during the night due to his grisly bear snores and 'asked' him to roll over. I believe it was the fourth time I woke him up that he began to rant and rave in a very sleepy and frustrated way that he had moved over far enough and couldn't possibly move over a tiny bit more. I looked at his side of the bed and he had scooted to the very end and was balancing on the last six inches of mattress and had been there most of the night! All this time he had thought I was asking him to move over instead of roll over and my wonderfully sweet and compliant husband had tried to please me until it just wasn't physically possible. I'm not a laugh out loud person normally but I had a delightful loud-enough-to-be-obnoxious chuckle (see: 3am do's and don'ts in a marriage) at the humor in the situation. Paul just rolled over and went back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Tanner likes to snore directly into my ear....But he also talks in his sleep. My favorite unconscious quote has to be, "Amanda....I know you sent the robots."

    ReplyDelete