Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The sin that creeps

I feel weary. The Lord has richly blessed me beyond anything I could have imagined and yet I feel to tired of being on this planet. I'm weary of the sin that creeps. There are days when the battle against sin, in so many forms, rages in my heart and mind, leaving me exhausted in body and spirit. It continually brings me back to the verse (the exact reference escapes me at the moment, and since my husband is sleeping soundly beside me and will not be happy if I move about too much, it will remain as such.) that says we need to continually put on the full armor of God so that we may stand. There have been days in the last few weeks where I have felt wounded by sin. It was those days where I didn't appropriately apply my armor, and left myself open to vicious, albeit subtle attacks that seem to take me out at the shins (which by the way, seems to be much worse than the knees.). In all this I think one of the deadliest tricks the devil has laid at my door is that it isn't possible for me to be all that I want to be. It's these times that I need to remember that I believe that God is who He says He is, and in that, what He says is Truth. I can do all things THROUGH Christ who strengthens me. He is the Provider of that much needed strength, self-control, selflessness, gentleness, and patience that I find myself deeply lacking. He is the Provider. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment