Friday, April 17, 2009

Sharing is Caring

The past few months I have tried to begin laying the foundation in Lilli's heart for sharing. We 'practice' sharing cookies, drinks, and toys and she has become very generous with those around her. Today I realized just how generous. I also realized her idea of 'sharing' needed some clarification. She was sitting in her high chair enjoying apple bits when Logan came past and caught her attention. Lillian was unfortunate in getting Logan's attention despite many grunts and vocalizations that I call 'barking', seeing as how she mostly saves them for when she addresses the dogs. Then she learned a basic truth in the animal kingdom: 'food gets attention'. You can only imagine what she did. She held out apple bits over the side of the high chair and within seconds Logan was licking her hand and wiggling all over, as she has been known to do. This delighted Lillian and Logan received an earful of squeals (which produced more wiggles on Logan's part) and a few accidental kicks as Lillian's excitement radiated down to her toes. Sharing had never been more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment