Sunday, June 13, 2010
Roses
'A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet.' While Shakespeare may have had a point, I stand firm that this doesn't apply to a parent naming their child. With our firstamundo it was a fairly simple choice between two likeable options; but Lillian being the obvious choice, even months before we were able to hold her precious self in our arms. I had loved the name for almost a decade and wasn't easily discouraged by the fact it skyrocketed to popularity the year she was born. Hapa's name has been more of a struggle. We seem destined to obtain scrutiny in the form of personal opinion from many sides with bouncing baby number two. (In truth this never discourages me from changing my own personal opinion of a name; typically having the opposite effect and making me want to name her that very name to prove how much I don't care for other's thoughts on the subject.) Alas, with the months turning to weeks before sweet Hapa's arrival I feel name nesting taking over. To be settled on two or three favorite names would bring me some peace of mind...probably. And this, along with finishing the baby room and toddlerfying Lillian's room, will be occupying my energy for the next week or two. I'm always excited and encouraged to hear other's accounts of how they decided on their child's name. Maybe it will inspire the name-giving Mama inside...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment