Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Mouths of Babes & Resembling Nature...Unconnected

It seems that my hugely prego body cannot keep up with my mind these days. While my mind races at a mile a minute with projects to do before Hapa arrives, my body is forced to hobble around, easing around sciatic nerve pain and all that accompanies a healthy, chubby baby. Yesterday it seemed that the two collided and left me more frustrated and irritable than I rarely remember being. It's difficult to care for a child and feel this way. But, as always, she (or my Gracious Lord) brought back the truth of life and placed it in front of my eyes. We've been reading Bible stories for quite a while and had recently introduced the story of Samuel and how the Lord first spoke to him when he was a child. Out of the blue, while I battled tears of frustration at her having painted on the new baby walls, Lillian looked up at me with her chocolate brown eyes and said, 'Speak Lord! I am listening!'. This is not the first time the Lord has used my toddler to speak through the clutter of this world to greater truths. During my first trimester with Hapa I was driving Lillian to my mom's house while on my way to a doctors appointment. I had spent the morning throwing up and still felt awful with no guaranteed end in sight. From the back seat, Lillian's sweet voice began repeating what we'd been talking about before bedtime, 'Gode is Howee (God is Holy), Gode is Witchous (God is Righteous), Gode is Gooood (God is Good).' It's not often the words of a Toddler can stop an entire state of mind, but I'm so thankful the Lord uses my little girl to train me in the way I should go. Thank you Lord for my sweet Lillian Grace. She is a blessed reminder of Your Goodness, Your Grace to me.

On the lighter side (or heavier, depending on how you look at it). I've started swimming as a blessed alternative to high impact exercise, but during my work out last night I had a mental image that tickled me so much I almost had to stop in the middle of my laps and finish laughing. Several months ago we bought Lillian a few balloon belly mollies. Ever seen one? They are the aquatic version of pot belly pigs and if fish could waddle, that would perfectly describe how these fish tend to swim. All I could see was my huge belly, waddling through the water in a fairly feeble attempt to look streamline and more aerodynamic. These fish meander around the tank in the most humorous way, I couldn't help but be tickled at how closely I resembled them while swimming prego laps. Anyway, it's always nice to feel close to nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment