Yes, it's April 15th...laundry day! I'm always reminded on 'tax day' how wonderfully rich and blessed I am. When the returns are freshly completed and on their way to the post office, it's often hard to keep from criticizing the government that seems to be wasting all of 'my' money. But I quickly realize that I'm rather rolling in million dollar bills of blessings, despite the lack of bankable paper. God gave me TWO baby girls, one I'm just as eager to meet as I feel waiting for Lillian to wake up every morning! I have a wonderful husband who has a deep desire to glorify the Lord in everything, no matter the cost...something, it seems, I need daily reminding. We own two cars outright, the Lord providing us with the ability to pay them off, gas for those two cars...just so many blessings that more seem to pop up as I consider them. Lillian said a precious prayer the other day that impressed upon my heart, both the abundant blessing the Lord has fairly drowned me in, and a tender, learning heart towards thanksgiving. It went like this...I'll translate:
'Deah Jeees-ush, You-ahh Howeee' (Dear Jesus, You are Holy)
'Daint due poh-dah pish' (Thank you for the fish)
'Daint due dweepannahtweed dah dowgs' (Thank you that we can feed the dogs)
'Daint due poh ShtawBah-whees' (Thank you for Strawberry's)
'Amen' (Amen)
What is it about precious, simple, barely understood prayers that make me so teary? I wish I naturally saw thanksgiving in every-day blessings, like being able to feed my dogs.
Dear Jesus, Thank you so much for this day. Thank you so much for the breath of life you've given me, my children, my husband, even my silly pets. Thank you for a warm home, overly-abundant in it's filling. Thank you for a baby who sleeps through the night. Thank you for our Blueberry Pancakes. You are Holy Lord Jesus. Thank you for...
Lovely child...and a lovely mama! I miss you guys already!
ReplyDelete