Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fish & Puppy Dog Tails

Alas, I have been delayed in writing for no other reason than we've been busy, I've been tired, the camera cords were in the closet, the dogs ate my blogging material, and other not terribly valid excuses for my lack of contact. So shall I sum up?

I've already shared about waffles, but this picture was just too darling!

Let me explain the game. Mercy sits still and wags her tail. Lillian holds her face close and then laughs hilariously as Mercy tickles her face. Allister got into it, too. Fun was had by all.


Another visit to the aquarium using our yearly passes. Lillian put on quite a show splashing in the water, kissing the turtle, and tempting the option of a full body soak in the fountain. Luckily this was avoided.
The visit to the aquarium inspired a home tank purchase of a few fish for Lillian's room. 'See the fish?' is the first thing she asks when she wakes up, finishes using the potty, eats her breakfast, etc. They're a big hit.
Easter was celebrated with family and friends at my sister's home. Lillian loved the Easter Egg game so much we ended up sneaking eggs out of her basket and re-hiding them for her hunting pleasure.
Lillian and I managed to enjoy a particularly blustery day sheltered by the front 'stoop' of our home. We practiced writing and our colors... our writing needs some work, but Lillian's colors seem well-in-hand.
Our second baby girl (confirmed in another ultrasound) is growing strong and chubby while I just seem to be growing chubby. Our recent ultrasound revealed a spot on our new baby's heart that could mean something or nothing and we meet with a doctor for yet another ultrasound in a few weeks. Lord willing it will be nothing, or He will give us the strength to deal with a something. Other than the fact that we seem destined to avoid perfect ultrasounds, life is beautiful, blessed, and abundant in the Gomez home. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot about the dog tail game. Fun pictures!!
    We may just have to get Allister a fish tank. I think he would really love that, too, especially after he sees Lillian's!

    ReplyDelete