Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Hollandaise-errific
It seems we have turned a corner, a good sort of corner. The rattling in Lillian's chest is most nearly gone, I'm back to just feeling pregnant, and I've had enough energy today to start dinner, pick up the kitchen and living room, and change out a load of laundry. Now I feel pregnant and worn out! One of the more recent pleasures I've been able to enjoy is home-made hollandaise sauce. While it may not be ideal for staying trim, it's heaven to my pregnant belly. The smooth, creamy, texture with a light lemony butter flavor, it's something I believe Remy would be proud of. I originally used it on a traditional eggs benedict, but have recently switched to simply spreading it over a toasted english muffin like a butter. Delicious!... Hollandaise sauce is not very relevant to living well, but with all the sickness I've been feeling it was a delightful surprise to be able to taste and enjoy something so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that sounds really good!
ReplyDelete-Lyd
You know they say it's fantastic on asparagus. That would make it healthy! :)
ReplyDelete