Thursday, January 14, 2010
And it seems there is another thing...
I was thrilled to get medication to curb my gag reflex and allow me to eat something. The nausea was just something I would need to work through, but the gagging and dashing was over. But alas, it seems easy living was not to be had in the Gomez home. Lillian came down with some serious coldage and promptly sneezed in my face, taking me down with her. The past week has been an exhausting time of sleeping in chairs at night with a wiggle-worm in my lap to aid her breathing (to be sure, I use the term 'sleeping' rather loosely), force plunging her unreceptive nose of all accessible scum, praying my way through short-lived day-time 'naps' and learning to do everything with one hand while strengthening my other with 30 lbs. of cranky toddler. This all on top of wonderful first trimester nausea and fatigue, a cold set to 'fierce', and sleep deprivation on every one's part. Paul has been wonderful! He cooks, cleans, bathes, rocks, sets up new cell phones, feeds dogs and any other odd job he finds time to accomplish. Sometimes, I'm sure not enough, I am so thankful for my wonderful man. He's been a gift to me, particularly in recent weeks, and I get a special thrill when I remember he's mine for the next 50 plus years, Lord willing! So all my complaining is really to boast on my hubby. That's all the energy I have time for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment