I'm getting ready for my very first herding trial/clinic with Logan. Logan has a few nick-names around the Gomez house. Bunny, because she jumps everywhere is the usual but occasionally 'Logey-Pogey' hits the scene in honor of pogo-sticks that enable the not naturally gifted with the ability to bounce higher than the average bear. Do these names give you a clue to Logan's temperament? She is high-drive and often times high-crazy. She is one of those crazy smart dogs who learned to sit in two tries, knows the name for ball, toy, and 30 plus other commands and directions and who will invent games if none are provided. She is the dog most people can't handle and end up in a rescue situation. I love her energy, her drive, her cuddly 50 lb. dog nature but I am also seriously trying to keep my humble-pants on as I envision our day herding sheep. I'm also hoping that sheep don't carry a 'you break 'em, you buy 'em' clause. Babysitter for Lillian? Check. Ball and snacks to call Logan off the particularly tempting sheep? Check. Sports Bra so I can chase after Logan when she ignores said treats? Check. I'll let you know how it all turns out...and if Logan 'purchases' any knew family members of the lamb variety.
No comments:
Post a Comment