Tuesday, August 17, 2010
More Thoughts Than Energy
Yes, I'm still around. Yes, I'm still carrying what I suspect will be (at least) an 8 lb. baby girl. Yes, I'm filling my days with walking, vitamins, simple family meals, and waiting. Patience may be a virtue but healthy, on-time labors must make the list somewhere. Here's the latest baby update: Miss Hapa Gomez looks nice and chubby, with strong legs and a penchant' for punching my bladder at inopportune times. She is at 0 station and I am 1 1/2 cm and almost fully effaced. I haven't had any touches of 'maybe this is labor' episodes, and I don't know if that contributes to more or less frustration. What I DO know is getting up several times a night to use the bathroom is far too commonplace for me, and starting to irritate Paul's sleep pattern. His concern for my well being, and the chance my water might have broken, rouses him from his sleep and I am hit with a sleepy slurry of 'is everything alright?' line of questioning. I haven't had the heart to remind him (at 2 in the morning) that I've been waking up this many times for months. Sweet, wonderful man who spends his days working, evenings playing 'pillow' with his oldest baby girl (a video soon to come), and nights massaging aching pregnancy parts. Bless him. So, while I put family updates aside in favor of deeply desired naps, I tentatively plan on there being a better blogging presence in weeks to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying (and excited!) for you guys! When is the actual due date?
ReplyDeleteOh, and here's a random thought (which you might not remember the reference to, given that you say so many funny things) : "Owange blog!"
I keep waiting for The Call. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteLol, I love that you mentioned the 'owange' blog, good times! We are due today (19th) but I feel pretty sure this day will pass us by as well. There has been some speculation that I'm actually going to have a boy because of the way I'm carrying. I think we would be really shocked. I was laughing about what Daniel said when he changed Timmy's diaper the first time. I think we'd feel very much along those lines.
ReplyDelete