Dogs & Longjohns? Let me esplain...no, there is too much; let me sum up... I lead a very simple life. A richly blessed, but very simple life. I can play piano, but am quite far from amazing. I can sing, but not wonderfully. I enjoy writing, but have no relation to Shakespeare. Shall I continue? 'Dogs & Longjohns' is about me experiencing my simple life and it's wonderfully simple blessings, through interactions with God, family, friends, pets, and work. Simplicity doesn't mean it's worth less, it's just not as flashy as Hollywood would require for a screen play. So, the actual title... Anyone who has met me knows, or will shortly learn, that I enjoy dogs. I don't practice putting them in dog strollers and baking them birthday cakes, but I take huge enjoyment in their presence in my life. They are a way that God reflects His creativity and sense of humor, and simply put, I love that about them! Longjohns are something that I never experienced until I survived a frosty winter in rural Colorado mountains. (Since I was born and raised in New Mexico, any weather that drops below 65 degrees is considered cold. Snow, on the other hand, is a novelty all by itself.) I developed a huge appreciation for such a simple little piece of clothing! 'Dogs & Longjohns' are two simple ways God has enriched my life, and thus the inspiration for the name of this page!


This is Lillian, my precious darling baby bungabunga boo (cartoon quote) who has changed my life in a million ways. She smiles and giggles nearly all day long and is such a joy. She makes me excited to meet the rest (Lord willing) of our children.



To better understand the source of these literary ramblings, let's meet my crew!
This is Paul, my wonderful husband of four years. He is more than a simple blessing from God and I am thankful every day for his desire to be a Godly man, faithful husband, and loving daddy.
This is Lillian, my precious darling baby bungabunga boo (cartoon quote) who has changed my life in a million ways. She smiles and giggles nearly all day long and is such a joy. She makes me excited to meet the rest (Lord willing) of our children.
This is Logan and Titus, our two australian shepherds. Titus (Red Tri) is an agility and frisbee fanatic who's greatest ambition in life is to raid the refrigerator. He really is a sweetie with a soft little personality, but I'll get into his issues later. Logan (Blue Merle) is from herding stock and is a testimony to the breed standard. She could chase cows (or kids) for hours and be happier for it. She's happiest when she's with her 'people' and has summarily adopted Lillian as her kissing post.
Mercy is our adopted something or other. We named her Mercy because she was a great example of Christ's sacrifice for us. When we saw her she was curled up in a corner not moving except for the occasional shiver. When we looked in on her a few days later she was in the exact same spot. We did not need another dog, but she was so pathetic we decided to bring her home and give her a new life. We paid her bills (major surgery because she had an internal infection), brought her home, taught her that she wasn't supposed to bite us, and mixed her dog food with goodies from the fridge. She is now a cuddly joy who is over most of her issues, although she still runs froms plastic bags.
Last but not least, Pita. Pita is my Peachfaced Lovebird who DEFINATELY has issues. I am currently the only one she doesn't attempt to detach fingers from hands. She enjoys public bathing, long jogs on her wheel, and dreams of having a family. Pita, everyone.
I look forward to sharing my life with all of you, and will be posting soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment