Friday, December 7, 2012

Hobby

When I was first married I was more of a 'minimalist' in the kitchen.  I could throw around salt with the best of 'em, but take me down the hall of rosemary and sage and I was lost.  I remember one 'incident' in particular where I attempted a Caribbean Jerk Salmon and although my vision was sound, my attempt was... charred.   My wonderful husband stomached it graciously and has continued to encourage my efforts over the last 8 years. I am perfecting my passion, if not my skill, for culinary deliciousness and I'm glad to say my spice cabinet and recipe reserves are overflowing.  Since Christmas tends to be a time of baking and elaborate meal creation I wanted to share my absolute favorites with the people who read here, all four of 'em.  Be warned however, other than sweeties, I am more the sort who cooks by scent and impulse rather than follow directions, so my recipes are entirely subject to preference and taste.  Yes, I have become one of those blogs.  One I was certain I would never be.  A food blogger.  How did I even get here?  Oh yeah, Caribbean Jerk Salmon.  Stupid Jerk Salmon aside, I've thrown in some pictures of my cake creations for the girls birthdays this past year.  I'm also a big believer in 'sharing is caring' so I'll also be sharing some of my favorite foodie blogs, and why I love 'em. 
 Panda Cake for a Panda Party (Double Chocolate with Salted Caramel Buttercream)...
AND...
 A Cow Cake for a Cow Party
(Devils Food Chocolate with Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Filling with Chocolate Buttercream)...

 
And now for the foodies...
 
http://iambaker.net/category/i-am-baker/ : She shares my passion for eating things made of sugar.  She just makes them look WAY cooler than I'm able to. She also gives away awesome stuff.
 
http://thepioneerwoman.com/ :  I feel a sort of kindred spirit to her since my Father-In-Law raises cows, and that's a big part of their operation too.  I just ignore the part that my parents care for less than 10, and her hubs runs like, 10 thousand.  Minor details really, among kindred spirits.
 
http://www.bakerella.com/ : Queen of Cake Pops. And other delicious things too.
 
http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/ : Well named, for so they are.
 
 
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ : Mealtime survival.
 
http://dailydishrecipes.com/ : Yummy is the new delicious.
 
http://www.tarteletteblog.com/ : Because food is Art.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment