Monday, October 29, 2012

Three Things... ok Four.

1.  I was sitting by the pool this morning, waiting for the lifeguard to come on duty, watching the several other early morning regulars.  Hard Core, these folks beat me to poolside nearly every morning, committed to launching the day with buoyant exercise.  My first thought was that they might be crazy.  I then realized I was sitting alongside them, like children at the local summer pool swinging our legs as we waited.  At 5.30 in the morning.  To exercise.  At 5.30 in the morning. I laughed out loud, thus confirming their probable assessment that I was the crazy one and that explained why I was working out at 5.30 in the morning.

2.  I might consider myself a writer in my soul, if not in practice.  But the truth of it is, a writer writes.  About this and that, life, nothing, etc. It is my new goal to write five times a week, if about nothing other than my frustration at finding I need sugar, and don't have any, to make the chocolate chip cookie pie that my over-exercised body severely craves.  It is my goal. This also makes me laugh out loud.

3.  It has been a season of... roller coasteriness.  (Some might say 'ups and downs' but I think I've proven I lean toward unconventional methods of expression, if not entirely made up.) Joys and blessings have all but poured from a Faithful Lord, but alongside those have been challenges that have left me weary.  It is a season where I have been humbled, not by graciously acknowledging that my God is Supreme and Holy, but where I have been forced to my knees by constantly recognizing that I am without.  I can't even be humble without His Intercession.  I am insufficient at being a mother, losing my patience, not speaking the things of God as regularly as I should, not even able to stay on top of the MOUNTAINS of laundry my family generates.  I have also recently had the blessing of being a part of a bible study with women who are genuinely kind, loving, gracious and knowledgeable of the things and ways of God.  It has been a beautiful challenge for my soul, and frustrating as well.  Every week I meet with some of the most lovely women I've ever met, and I am once again reminded (it happens at least every 10 minutes these days) that I am a perfect example of how God chooses the least of these.  But I'm glad He does. Otherwise I would be left to the emptiness of sleep depriving exercise, sniff-testing all my clothes, and making sub-par breakfast burritos for my husband. 

4.  On the other hand, my reasons to rejoice are abundant and overflowing.  My girls are a delight.  They are clever, funny, tender, loving.  Talon is amaza-zing.  He is essentially a live baby-doll.  He giggles and smiles and opens his mouth like a baby bird when I'm feeding him carrots.  He is showing his personality in little ways and I'm pretty sure I will have my hands full.  More on him later.  Paul is just wonderful.  He works hard all day, then comes home, helps with dinner/dishes/tubbies/bedtime/you name it.  I was semi-almost-depressed when I was told I wouldn't be able to run, maybe ever again, until I found that I enjoy swimming nearly as much.  AND (total bonus) since I've been swimming, my knees have improved and I was even able to sprint around the side of a church with my preschooler in my arms whilst looking for a potty, and my knees were ever-so-barely sore the next day.  God has been good.  He IS Good. and I am so thankful for His blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment