Life Holds Passion
Lillian, You are nothing if not passionate. You are often awash with emotion as you transition from joyous giggles to tempestuous screams of frustration in a single moment. You run out of your room in the morning and hug my legs, greeting me with a signed and spoken 'good morning mama!' before you spin on your heel and run to play with Wren in the living room. You do not like to go to bed, even less to go to bed by yourself. Almost every evening is a battle of wills as you make your final protests, and eventual tearful pleas to be allowed to stay up or have Mama stay with you 'for a bit'. Passion, my love, for the right things, can be such a blessing. My prayer is that you seek out the right things, or that God seeks them out for you.
You are Inventive
You have entered the fantastic world of pretend and as such babies, puppies, cousins and little sisters take on mind of their (your) own. Sometimes it's just downright lying. The other day your daddy found you naked in bed when you were supposed to be sleeping and when he asked why you were undressed (a favorite pastime of late) you told him Mama said it was ok. When that didn't fly you told him God had said you could. I laughed out loud. I pray you grow in your understanding of how real God is, and that you will always be eager to hear what God has for you.
You are Loving
You give great hugs. You give lots of hugs (unless daddy specifically asks for one). We were at the doctor's office and a baby boy said hi to you and you gave him a hug. My first impulse was to shut it down in fear of bringing home yet another virus to besiege my children' immune systems but the loving acceptance touched me. It didn't matter what he looked like, what he was wearing, who he was with, you just hugged him, and then ran off to play. I need to remember to have time to love on people like that, even when I'm busy. You squeal their names out when either of your baby cousins come into the room, rushing over and asking if you can touch them and wringing your hands in anticipation and self control while you wait for an answer. You like to rub their bellies. My prayer for your heart is that you grow in the love of Christ and a deeper desire to see Him realized in other's lives.
You are Verbal
Months ago I asked you to say 'SuperCala-Fragallistic-Expialidotious'. You did. Since you were a little baby you learned quickly through intent observation and very little trial and error. You studied until you could do it right, then you did and we have had full conversations since you were at least 18 months, if not earlier. You have been in a league of your own among your peers for years due to the fact you could verbalize what you wanted, needed, or didn't want, and it has set you apart. It's beautiful to be different. It's valuable to be unique. You are outgoing, quick to make friends, and eager to include others. I pray that the Lord would use these lovely qualities for His Glory and you would be quick to show others the Precious Love of Christ.
Dear Lillian, You make my heart sing. I have never quite known joy like I feel when I look into your lovely, dark-chocolate eyes, or your sisters bright, summer-blue pair. What a gracious love my Lord has shown me in my girls; I could never have guessed or hoped. For the next year, and for the rest of your precious life, I pray you will continue to grow into a marvelous young lady, with grace, love and increased patience. May your life reflect the beauty Christ has for you and may He draw you to Him at the earliest possible age. Oh that He might preserve you for Himself and may you be His. I love you sugar-darlin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment