There are few book characters that I identify with as closely as the Fancy Nancy Character, written by Jane O'Conner. Lillian seems to have the same flair for the 'exquisite' that I did as a young girl. She wants to change clothes several times a day, loves fancy (I mean 'extrodinary') clothing, and accessorizes without thought to whether it matches, is in season, or even if it is being properly used. There is something wonderful about a girl who chooses to wear a tu-tu, straw summer hat, and cowboy boots over cupcake 'jamas...
Fancy Nancy, Bonjour Butterfly
By Jane O'Connor
Read by Lillian
Don't you think butterflies are exquisite?
(Exquisite is even fancier than beautiful.)
Whenever my friend Bree and I see one, we say, 'Bonjour!' That's French for 'Hello!'
'Do butterflies understand French?' my dad asks.
'Maybe,' I tell him.
(skip some)
Bree's Butterfly Birthday, Saturday at Noon
Come as your favorite Butterfly
R.S.V.P.
R.S.V.P. is short for Repondez s'il vous plait.
That's French for please reply.
Too cute! My favorite book as a child was "The Very Little Girl"--I definitely related to her. I had the whole book memorized. :)
ReplyDelete