Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Pweesh!!!
I must confess that I have been hesitant to write of late. Why write when I can post a few pictures, make funny quips about said photographic situations, and save time for laundry or some other homemaking requirement? So, I post this as more of a plea, or a pweesh (please, for those of you who don't spend much time with a verbal, but not well enunciated one year old) for advice in the areas of cleaning, cooking, and other manifestations of mommy/wife-hood. Here's the sitch: I feel as if I am constantly in the kitchen, and yet it remains a mess! Other areas of my home frequently go unattended in my efforts to wash dishes, cook meals, feed Lillian, three dogs and a bird, and keep counters clear of all sorts of cluttering objects. My weekly reprieve, or catch-up day, is 'soup day', but I still rarely get past the kitchen or living room outside of one or two odd jobs. Any ideas on how to save time in the kitchen, or organize more efficiently so the rest of my home gets regular, if not weekly, attention? I'm up for anything you may think of. Do you have a great, quick casserole recipe? I'd love it! Have some theories on mopping, washing dishes or laundry that could save time? Post 'em! So, as I search for more time to post articles of greater interest to the populace, I'm looking forward to hearing every one's suggestions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can really relate to this post! You may already do this, but I've recently started scheduling my housework...Mondays and Thursdays are laundry days, Wednesday is vacuuming...more often in shedding season, Friday is forget-about-housework-and-work-on-writing-articles day, etc. I still don't have a good handle on my housework, but scheduling has helped a little.
ReplyDeleteHere's a super easy crockpot recipe I use a lot, adapted from a recipe of Ruth's--do I have any recipes that didn't come from Ruth? :) You may even know this one already!
2-ish lbs skinless chicken thighs
2 handfuls of baby carrots
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
2-3 T. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine all ingredients in greased slow cooker. Cook on low 6-7 hours; serve over rice or noodles.
Send Lilli to my house on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
ReplyDeleteOh...and I tried that chicken recipe Abby posted just this last week and it is DELISH!!
One thing Peter and I try to do is do the dishes as we make them dirty...dishes are the one thing that drive me nuts...and once they pile up I HATE doing them.
Wow, where do I begin...do you wanna come over some Tuesday morning and observe my crazy current ritual? So, I finally, after many years, have a routine for cleaning that keeps the downstairs clean pretty much all the time. But it involves getting super organized, which has been a lenghthy process. As for cooking...got a few ideas for that as well. One thing I've discovered: when your house is clean, you can actually cook (and clean up from the cooking) so much faster. Go figure. Wanna talk soon?
ReplyDelete