Thursday, March 26, 2009

A bit confused...

A very present truth in my life is I have three hairy, active, and loveable dogs. Aside from the doggy normalties today I noticed that they have characteristics that are rather...un-dog-like, for lack of a better description. Mercy is a few ounces over 5 lbs. She enjoys laying in the sun in the window, in the kitchen, in the garden and in the dog kennel. Other than her two meals a day, she requires very little maintenance. So essentially, she's a house plant and makes noise. Logan has shown me that she is capable of playing the 'older sister' roll quite efficiently. Today Lillian was in her packnplay and began to fuss at me and Logan ran into Lillian's room, grabbed a toy, and brought it to the packnplay. Whenever Lillian cries out Logan runs over and tries to kiss her face (sometimes I'm too late to stop this) and sniff her all over. Titus is hands down the most doggy-ish of all. He rolls in the dry grass after a bath, lays in the middle of my garden where my gladiolus bulbs are just beginning to peek out, eats anything and everything that touches (sometimes doesn't touch) the floor, hangs his fluffy head out of the car door, and maintains constant vigilance of our backyard (when he isn't napping on my flowers of course). Even if they are a bit confused about their role in the household, I think they're wonderful! And I think that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment